Saturday, September 4, 2010

A few more to add

Here are more Debbie Mum bases in the red shade.  These two have background paper from the stash I have and added CTMH inks and stamp to embellish it.  I loved using the ribbon on these cards.  I actually ran out of this ribbon!  I never would have thought I would run out of pink ribbon, having two boys means pink is almost never used - but here in cards, I use it a lot!!
As you may have seen before, I absolutely love this stamp.  I paired it with some scraps from Creative Memories.  The border is stitched on creatively and then the purple square has a stamp from Stampin' Up!  I love this stamp set as well.  This is absolutely so simple to make and was all done out of my scraps.  One thing to note here, I did not sew directly on the card.  I sewed the green background and the border strip together.  Traditional sewing may use pins, instead I used Creative Memories clips from my absolute favorite tool ever - the multipurpose tool.  Love it!  And have now found another purpose for it!! 
These two cards also use scraps from Creative Memories.  I find I have been using a lot of their old background paper since they have now moved to a true 12x12 format.  The dream with faith stamp was one I purchased at a garage sale as was the sending thoughts stamp.  I love adding just that little touch of flair to both of these cards.  The dream card includes sewing around the purple and included the designed paper.  The card on the right included mulberry paper (which I stamped on) and the punch from Stampin' Up! with ribbon.  It is so easy to embellish with that punch!
Just a little close up of the dream with faith. . . I'm a little saddened that it doesn't stand out more; however, the picture also does not do it justice.  It doesn't stand out as much as I'd like it to in person, but it does look pretty amazing.  Kinda' dreamy if I do say so myself!  hee hee he ha ha! 
Again, these cards used scraps from a Creative Memories paper set.  The circular embellishments are "cricutted" and were going to be tossed because I didn't like them on a layout for my album - but here they are saved. The top card features a best wishes sentiment and the other two have "for you" stamped on them.  I have sewn on the two upright cards down the left hand side of the paper, again, not the card base, just the paper.  Each of these feature brads, I used these out of stuff from oriental trading - I DO NOT RECOMMEND PURCHASING SCRAPBOOK SUPPLIES FROM THEM.  The eyelets that came with the brads in a package have the color come off when you set them.  I have tried every way possible and the set horribly as well.  I had also purchased some paper from the company (their brand) and it was so thin and gritty I really would have rather not used it. 

This is a picture of the embellishment I "saved." I used Martha Stewart's glitter glue stamp pad and a Close to My Heart Stamp to add the glitter on it.  The glitter is from Stampin' Up!  You can really tell that I don't have a loyalty to one company, yet have great friends who sell from each (and an addiction to Hobby Lobby, Jo Anne's and Michael's)!!  The only reason I am unhappy with glitter is that it falls off after you put it on.  For my albums, I add a layer of Super Seal - which I purchase at Pages in Time before it recently changed owners.  The Super Seal helps to hold the glitter on the page better. 

I hope you have enjoyed these cards - it has been a month since I have posted, so I thought I would throw these up.  Hopefully, I'll be able to post again before the month!  Feel free to comment as you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment