Monday, June 14, 2010

Wow, Achievement

One of my goals was to do a little dirty job each day. Yeah, I haven't been so successful with that. Today, however, is an awesome accomplishment!! Cleaning out, reorganizing, getting rid of, anything to do with that is a huge and dreadful task. I think I have some attachment issues, and then with the loss of my mom (almost 9 years ago, now) it makes it even more difficult. I still have (and stupidly kept) 3 small boxes of notes I've passed throughout my middle and high school years!!!! To the point, you say, well, I have a BUNCH of stuff ready for a garage sale, gave a bag of stuff to good will and recycled and trashed a bunch of other stuff. I can't believe myself. All in one evening.

I now have a little more room in the "scrap room" where I've cleaned out a box of garage sale stuff, have a pile of baby stuff to give or sell and then organized some file cabinets and have a mid-size box of recycling and a small trash can full of stuff!!! Ryan (my hubby who dreads doing this with me, because we always argue) and I re-organized the big gray tubs that were in the attic, and minimized our stuff by three tubs, then have two tubs to go into the garage sale and have a tub of each size of clothing from our sons to lend out!! I feel like a whole new woman, and even more excited to accomplish more tomorrow! (Hopefully I'll put some of the stuff away that I got out of the tubs and wanted to keep, for some unknown reason, some of my stuff wound up in tubs up in the attic without me knowing. . . . hmmmm, the husband.)

Tomorrow:
  1. Graham's swimming lessons (his birthday tomorrow!!)
  2. Gabe's tutoring (thanks Jessica!!)
  3. hopefully some gal pals are going to come over and take some stuff
  4. gather more for the recycle/trash/sale/give away piles!!!

Happy Tuesday, coming my way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment