Thursday, June 17, 2010

A few of the most recent 10

These following pages are some recently done work.  I am only "a year behind" with my boys' albums.  I really take pride in that.  Sometimes, it is because it is the simple stuff I do, sometimes it is because I don't take pictures for a few months.           Sadly,  I have discovered though, that my camera is HORRIBLE for taking these kinds of pictures.  I am half way there now to a good camera; however, that means I still have a LOT of saving to do.   
This two page layout was "my creation," but probably scraplifted from somewhere, it's pretty traditional.  However, it uses my new stamp set from Close to My Heart! 


I used a kit from Hobby Lobby to complete this page.  The yellow card stock was supplemented from a pile of scraps.  The stamp in the top right corner on this page was one I picked up from Stampin' on State Street.  I drove by there last week, and I don't know if they're still open :(  I liked them for my little business.  Anyway.  This was just an easy done page, I do a lot of my own journal writing.  My mom passed away almost ten years ago, and I cherish what papers she wrote on (call me crazy, but I do), so I feel it is important that I write on my pages and journal. 


This paper was from Target's Dollar Spot last year.  I love shaped paper, but don't often use it in my layouts.  I used up some old stickers from when I first started scrapping to embellish and then just used the alphabet stickers from the Summer Fun Packet featured above from Hobby Lobby. 

To feature this picture, I matted it and then inked the edges with a Close to My Heart Ink called Star Spangled Blue.  I love to ink edges of things and purchased a small set of stipple brushes today from Michael's that I am sure to use.  I love inks!!!          
I hope you have enjoyed these samples of my recent work.  Feel free to leave comments.  Let me know what you think, what's missing, what I should add, or a product you're interested in seeing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment