Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A bit of Whimsy!

And now, for a bit of whimsy!  :)
I whipped these cards up in no time flat!  The bases that I've been using are pre-made (pre-scored with envelopes in the package), because I haven't quite adventured into making my bases when I can get them so cheap from Hobby Lobby!   This card features two punches from Stampin' Up.  I absolutely adore Stampin' Up's punches.  They're even better now that they are made in pocket size for storage, but I love them no matter what.  The "notebook" punch was used down the side of my coordinating green (from the scrap pile) and then the scallop was done to border the paper from a stack that came with an organizer from "the book man" at school.  I also used some chipboard that I got in a mega stack at Hobby Lobby in their line of products.  Of course, it was half off!  I also love to accent in ribbon - just a simple knot around the stem of this leave and done!
This card, I used paper from the same stack (Paper Block) and scalloped the edge at the bottom.  Again, a simple flair of chipboard accented with ribbon and DONE!  Since I don't get to do much boy stuff - it seems to be that my cards are becoming very girly - Likey likey!
The dragon fly card uses a technique I LOVE to do.  I scallop the card front and then scallop the paper I am going to put on the face and leave some room to see the base of the card.  That Stampin' Up! border scallop punch really got some action today!  Here again I used the chipboard from Hobby Lobby and the paper from the Paper Block stack I purchased.  Thanks for checking in to see what's new - be on the look out for the next scrapbook page to come!  :) Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment