Friday, April 8, 2011

Sensory Overload Desiring Normal

This month is a time to be aware of Autism.  Autism comes in many shapes, sizes and forms.  Autism is a spectrum disorder that affects each and everyone differently.  Some people can be mildly affected to where it can be seen as a gift; others are more severely affected.

For us at our house, we are mildly affected. The most difficult thing for me sometimes is the sensory issues we have. My loving seven year old, Gabe, has some issues with sensory needs. He craves sensory input to even himself out. So this morning at 7:00 AM, he was wrapped up like a burrito! Or a crepe whichever he prefers at the time. My youngest, Graham, wants to be just like brother. So here are my little burritos watching TV.



 Gabe enjoying some morning cartoons, being disrupted by mom!

My little crepes!  Graham and Gabe spending some brotherly bonding time with the television.

No comments:

Post a Comment