Sunday, November 13, 2011

Some Say

Some people say that a glass is half empty when it is truly half full.  Some people say it is partly cloudy when it is really partly sunny.  Some say it is all about perspective.

As I sit here and look at all the negative things I see that have happened in my life, I know I am missing adding things to the list.  Yeah, my mom passed away when I was 23.  Yeah, my oldest child has Aspergers.  Yeah, I got divorced when I was 33.  Yeah, I have been through a lot of crap.  But this is what some people say.

I say, these experiences, these things that I have endured, these life marring events are truly life lessons.  My perspective since my mom had first gotten diagnosed (after my selfish phase was over) has been:  I am who I am because of the experiences I've had, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I live with NO regrets.

I am an optimist, an idealist and a person who likes to look at the world through rose colored glasses.  Yes, these things can be a fault - however, again, these things are all what some say.  I look at my mother passing away and see what a strong and educated woman I have become.  My mother has certainly had a positive influence on my life, and without her becoming diagnosed with it the first time, I realize that it might have taken me MANY years to figure out that my parents were smart and had my best interest in mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment