Sunday, June 5, 2016

So this happened, a while ago, but still #life

Wake up at three am to the disappointment of a child's brother telling me that said child didn't get money from the tooth fairy, but the tooth is now missing. Woken up five minutes later by not only said child's brother but THEE child himself informing me that I forgot to text the tooth fairy and he really wanted me to do it right now if it wasn't too late.

Happy frickin Wednesday, kids, this is off to a great start.

Alarm goes off at 5:30, and earlier reported young men have now become claimable by discussing issues with me at a relevant hour of the morning.  Morning procedures commence while I have an inner struggle urging me to get into the warm shower immediately so I can get my boys off to the appropriate places and I can proceed to work early.  That glimmer of hope blew away as I attempted to find clothes to fit my skinny one day, bloated the next, gained some/lost some figure and then followed by my saddened dog shaking and refusing to go to his kennel.

Gabe has made it on the bus and Graham had been dropped off to his dad's house to go to school from there, now - work! Well, school.  What's supposed to be my happy place.

I don't quite remember how I started my day, but I do know it was an in office, door closed kind of morning but did include chatting and encouragement with my blessed friend.

Then it's off to the races with students and staff, rushing from location to location completing compelling lessons to encourage students to become learners of our society, all the while filling every spare second with the required paperwork.  Completing legal documents around my ten minutes of lunch shared with my coworker in the padded confines of my less than plush school office.  Twisting and turning, extinguishing fires and building scaffolds of learning and then.........

A fire drill. Ten minutes of unstructured, but routine moments to get a break but make me late for my next student.

No comments:

Post a Comment