Saturday, February 25, 2012

Regrets - do you have any?

Regret: what's your definition?


One of my philosophies in life is to live without regret.  To me, regret means you'd rather have not had that experience in life, it means that you didn't learn from the mistake you've made, it means you would never "do it again, if you had your life to re-live."  


I have to tell you there are some crazy-stupid things I've done in my past, long ago and oh-so-recent.  I think my stupidest thing might have been a recent attack I had with some glass, or first guy I dated after my divorce.  Stupid, dumb, not so bright, however you choose to describe them, they are the actions of my life, I wouldn't be who I am at this instance without them. Each of these actions have made me a little bit wiser in the way of the world, even though I am not proud, I have learned.


Someone asked me if I regret getting married, when I did, to who I did, those choices I made.  I don't regret getting married to my ex at all.  I don't regret the ups and downs in our marriage or the choices leading up to marriage or divorce.  I wouldn't be the person I am today.  I wouldn't be wise in the ways I am, I wouldn't be as strong, I wouldn't be who he helped me to become.  


There are sure to be more things in life I will do that are not viewed as the best choice, or things I will have to apologize for; however, I refuse to regret.  I refuse to not learn and become stronger from these things.  


This is my point of view, my opinion, and, like anything else in this world, I could be wrong.  But this is the way I choose to live my life. How you live your life is your choice...but I hope you live a life where you have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment