Sunday, March 13, 2011

A vision of the future?

On Friday night, my husband enlightened me, and inspired me.  He told me of a movie he watched called The Secret.  After his summarizing, I came up with a million and one things I would like to have in life and envision myself doing or being. No, I have not watched the movie; however, I do intend to.  My husband did question it's ethics based on my religious practices, and said that he believed that some could interpret this energy as God.  So, as far as the movie - I'm not endorsing it, I'm not saying it's good, I'm not saying it follows my life philosophy. . .

BUT  the story he told me gave me some true inspiration.  Some crafting inspiration.  So much, so that I dreamt Friday night and Saturday night of this project.  Friday night I dreamt of the things I truly want in life; where I want to be, my goals, my desires, my needs and wants and prioritized them a little while sleeping.  So, I had some ideas in my head.  Just lucky enough, I had a crop this weekend supporting one of my favorite causes:  the American Cancer Society.  So, on Saturday, I did the pages I thought I needed to get done and started crafting on a book.  I took three hours to make this beautiful book from scrap cardboard that comes with paper packs, album pages, and page protectors and cut it to the size I wanted it, found the paper I wanted to use, adhered it, sanded it and inked the edges.  I even put hole punches in the sides to get set for the rings I was going to put in there.  I was content with my project.  It really is beautiful.  Then it was time to go home for the night.

So, I go to bed Saturday night and again dream of my project.  Turns out - my mind's eye had something totally different in store.  Something bold, something striking and something very creative was necessary for this life changing vision book I was going to make.  Yes, I had to put aside the ideas I had for my other book, consider selling it for some other person to enjoy.  Sunday morning after signing at church, I had a mission of a new project.  This new project involves BLACK, RED, WHITE & SILVER.  It is striking.  It is bold. It is creative.  It fell into place so much easier than the last one.  It is done in some ways, but needs some more visions in other ways, so it will be done in no time flat.  I was considering sharing it with you, but will have to think on that some more.  It's personal, and although there isn't anything on/in it that I wouldn't share with you, I'm not at the open-hearted stage to share it.  So maybe tomorrow night!  ;)

Whatever your thoughts will or will not be on my project, my true point is inspiration.  I cannot believe how taken I was with this inspirational moment.  I have been a very typical scrapper by doing only scrapbook pages and cards and rarely venturing out.  I'll tell you that the last time I did something like this my life was in turmoil and I did a book of New Year's Resolutions.  This book helped get me through what I was dealing with, and helped me see what I wanted in life.  Again this book is helping me see what truly is important to myself.  I am completely in awe of how this came about, turned out and what it means to me.  I hope you will enjoy seeing it when I do decide to share it with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment