Sunday, February 27, 2011

Life is a journal of memories!

The post is rather late; however, I made this as a Christmas gift for one of my aunts.  I like to make her something, and I think she appreciates a home made gift. 

When planning what to do for her gift, I was out shopping and found those composition notebooks for cheap.  Not as cheap as the beginning of the school year - but cheap enough.  I didn't have any idea what exactly I would do with them, but I knew I could manage to get something crafty done with them.

The paper I used was from an older retired Creative Memories pack that was the smaller than 12x12 size.  In the power palettes they had, all of the paper was coordinating, so I chose the background paper, the mat stack pieces and then reduced the size of the layered mat to fit within the bottom mat.  I stamped the "memories" in a color from Stampin' Up!.  Then took the edges of the notebook and sanded them so nothing had a cut edges other than down the right side.  After sanding, I used an ink pad to distress the notebook.  Also, for the memories edges, they were distressed using Close To My Heart's edge distresser, and then inked to give it that aged look. 

There's more coming - and I hope you enjoyed this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment